Black Lives Matter: Resources and Tools You Can Use To Take Action...
It's been a challenging week for most of us, especially for the Black community. I cried so many times out of frustration, anger, and hurt. It's time that we put these emotions into action. I am longing for the true liberation of Black lives. I am tired.
A friend of mine/amazing Ph.D. scholar, put together a list of resources for non-Black and Black people in response to what has been going on. If you are not a protester, that's okay. There are other ways that you can take action. We need you!
Go Fund Me Pages (re: Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery)
Other ways to donate
Resources for racial trauma
Books you can read for continued learning:
1. So you want to talk about race? by Ijeoma Oluo
2. White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
3. Why are all the Black kids sitting together in the cafeteria? by Beverly Tatum
4. The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
5. The Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome by Joy DeGruy
6. A Black Woman’s History of the United States by Daina Ramey Berry & Kali Nicole Gross
7. We Should all be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi
8. Stamped from the Beginning by Ibram X. Kendi
9. How Capitalism Underdeveloped Black America by Manning Marable
10. Me and White Supremacy by Layla F. Saad
Let's keep on fighting for the liberation of Black lives. Love you all.